CANCELED - 2022 Kimberley IFSA Junior Regional 2*
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED
January 12, 2022
A message from Kimberley Alpine Resort Events Team:
We are sorry to inform you that due to low registration numbers, the Kimberley Alpine Resort Junior Free Ski Event January 21-23, 2022 has been cancelled. This was a very difficult decision to make as the Junior Free Ski event is our favourite event of the winter to hold, but factors such as our Quad being down, increased Omicron cases, and the public health advisory on restricting unnecessary travel have all had a negative impact on our registration numbers.
We will be refunding your registration fee, please note it will take up to one week for refunds to be processed.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We look forward to running a safe, fun and successful event next winter.
The Kimberley Alpine Resort Team
This 2022 Series event is subject to change!
We continue to face uncertainty about event viability due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage you to check back often for updates, schedule changes, registration dates, etc. Additional information will be added as soon as our Event Organizing partner provides information to the IFSA Administrative Team. Thank you for your patience and understanding with these ongoing challenges
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required for anyone ages 12+.
Refer to our Know Before You Go section on our website for the most up to date resort COVID policies and procedures: https://skikimberley.com/covid-19/
PARENTS MUST FILL OUT THIS ADDITIONAL
ONLINE WAIVER FOR ATHLETES TO COMPETE!
- As in years past, it will be mandatory for coaches to be in possession of an IFSA Coach Membership and hold a current L100 or L200 certification.
- If you are unsure on your certification status, contact the IFSA Admin Team: Contact Us
- It is mandatory for coaches to also register on The Driven for any IFSA Junior events they plan to attend. There is no registration fee, however registration is compulsory if coaches plan to attend. Coaches who HAVE NOT registered will not be granted ticketing benefits or access to the event or venue. Please help keep events running smoothly by completing registration on The Driven.
Athlete Check-in: Jan 21, 2022
Mandatory* Athlete Meeting: Details TBA
*If you cannot attend the mandatory athlete meeting, you must make arrangements with the event organizer, listed below.
Competition Dates: Jan 21-23, 2022
Check in: Jan 21
Qualifying Day: Jan 22
Finals Day: Jan 23
Age Categories: U12, 12-14, 15-18
LIFT UPDATE: Access to the backside will be via the hike into the Tamarack Chair. This can be done from the base area in 45 minutes, or from the old upper base (maintenance yard) in 20 - 30mins. We have warming huts at the top of Easter, bathrooms, BBQ for the kids and public so they do not have to come back down until their run is complete.
For questions specific to this event, the schedule, or cancellation requests,
If you wish to compete or coach, you must register during the registration period indicated below.
- Registration Opens: WEDNESDAY, DEC 22, 2021 @ 6:00 PM MST
- Registration Link:
Event Registration Price for Athletes: $89.25 CAD (including GST)
An IFSA Junior membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA 2022 Membership.
Event Registration Price for IFSA Coach Members: FREE
An IFSA Coach membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA Coach Membership.
Coaches MUST register for event on The Driven to gain ticketing benefits and venue access
Coaches: Coaches will ONLY qualify for tickets and venue access by completing event registration on The Driven. You must be a currently certified IFSA Coach with a 2022 IFSA Coach Membership and registered on The Driven.
COACH TICKETING POLICY - MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE DRIVEN
- 1 Athlete: No ticket
- 2-4 Athletes: 1 Free Coach ticket
- 5-10 Athletes: 2 Free Coach tickets
- 11-15 Athletes: 3 Free Coach tickets
- 16+ Athletes: At Event Host’s discretion
KIMBERLEY ALPINE RESORT CANCELLATION POLICY
- If a rider requests a refund more than two weeks prior to the event date, a full refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- If a rider requests a refund less than two weeks before the event date, a 50% refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than one week before the event date.
- If the event should be cancelled due to weather or unforeseen circumstance on event day, no refund will be issued to help cover the administrative costs of event setup and compensating the judges and employees required to be on the hill.
It is at the sole discretion of the Event Organizer, and not the IFSA, when and under what circumstances a refund will be issued. To request a cancellation or refund, you must contact the Event Organizer.